Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Ingenio, Amazonas January 2014


Eleven years ago I visited Ingenio with Pastor Silvio Salinas; 5 ARRIBA students; our sons, Tom and Bill; and another BMM colleague, Allan Frey and his son, Jonathan. That was in 2003. At that time I didn't think I would ever be back in this part of Peru. However, I was honored to be able to participate in the 19th Baptist Convention of this region and teach the book of Galatians. I truly enjoyed having Becky come with me on the trip this time!


The "town" of Ingenio



The church building in Ingenio



Jim teaching in the morning sessions







The most patient dog in the world!!!



Thin slices of fresh beef drying in the kitchen to make jerky




Delicious! Jerky and yucca



I think this was going into the soup!



The civil weddings were at the community center. That evening the church hosted the religious ceremony.



 The "baptistry"







Eight of the nine who were baptized



Practicing for the VBS closing program that evening



VBS closing program



Some of those from the 10 churches who attended



Leaving Ingenio we had a flat tire which gave us one more chance to enjoy the beautiful scenery.



Here are a couple of the villages seen from Ingenio. Please pray for pastors for the churches in this region of Peru. 

No comments:

Post a Comment