Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday of Our Fifth Week: The Roof Goes On


I will keep my comments to a minimum. I've added a lot of pictures, all taken today. The roof and stairs are now poured and we have to wait about 15 days before taking the supports out from the first floor. So you can take a break for a couple of weeks (I think) before I will resume a weekly post. Thank you for your prayers. The Lord's goodness to us is beyond comprehension!




This is "Coco," who is once again the man directly overseeing the day-to-day work.



This is what the roof looked like before
we poured the cement.





Becky's dad was a plumber. I wish he could have helped us on the construction. Somehow, I suspect there will be some leaks from this spot in the future!





You're right; we've got the road blocked again!




This pulley (along with the cement mixer) turned what would have been an all day 40 man job into a 4 1/2 hour 14 man job!









The stairs were done first.


















We're done and it's still daylight! Praise the Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment